Saturday, January 30, 2016

Winners Dream, my review, my thoughts

Winners Dream: A Journey from Corner Store to Corner OfficeWinners Dream: A Journey from Corner Store to Corner Office by Bill McDermott
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I thoroughly enjoyed the book. This was the autobiography I read after Richard Branson's "Loosing my Virginity". Two totally different lives, both searching and realizing their dreams. I loved the style to start every chapter with a favorite quote. Tweeted many of them. At times, the sequence of events almost felt like a dream unfolding- not all details possibly can be put on paper; everyone has his or her own battles. And it is always better to focus on the positives in life.
It's a motivating read for dreamers..to go out and get their dreams but keeping in mind...it is never going to be a "cake walk". I love his leadership style - with the team, believing in "getting there together" and not "top down"- be it when he was a sales team lead or the CEO. And he never forgot people who gave him his chance or even those who believed in him.
Last and the most remarkable- his love for his family, the coach- his father..and the foundation, his "Mother". Hats off and a recommended read about leadership, passion, dreams....and being "Human" #Winnersdream #leadership


View all my reviews

No comments: